Total Pageviews

Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lasagna and Tears

I was put into foster care at the age of 8. It was early summer or late spring. Cant remember which. I was placed in the home of Mark and Karen. They fed me my first home-cooked meal. It was lasagna. Yum.
Mark does tattoos and piercings for a living. He owns his own business.
Karen is a stay at home mom. She disciplained me when neccessary, and it was. I wasnt the most cooperative child at 8 years old. Dealing with sexual abusive from my father; with the added strain of phyical and other abuse from my mother made it very difficult to function that young.
I was at Karen and Mark's for a little under a year. I moved from there to Jean and Neil's house (J&N's) . It was chill. Oldest child, not really any siblings. I was in a house with semi-active, really nice, granparent "parents".
Christmas at J&N's :)
It was around one o'clock after lunch. I was told that there was something there that I might like to see. It was a Christmas present I later found out.
I laced up in my snow gear and made my way almost an acre to the barn in the back corner of the "yard."
I came upon the door and slid the metal slat to unlatch the door. The metal was icy to my hands.
I cracked the door and peered inside. The first thing I saw was a giant red bow tie. It was shiny and poofy and about a foot across. It was wrapped around the handlebars of a brand new bicycle. Fresh from the store!!!
I didn't end up riding it much, until much later when I went into the failed adoption home. Nancy and Larry (N&L's).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.